In the UK a business must apply to be registered for VAT if its turnover, within the scope of UK VAT, is in excess of £81000 per annum.
For VAT registration we can assist with:
- Advising if you need to or if it would be beneficial to register
- Completion of the VAT registration forms and formalities
- Advising on the best VAT schemes to use suitable to your business – some you have to notify HMRC you are using and some you don’t
In addition we can assist with:
- Completion of VAT Returns or training on how to complete them
- VAT planning
- Dealing with any contentious disputes that arise with Customs
- Attendance at VAT inspections
VAT is one of the most complex and onerous tax regimes imposed on business - so complex that many businesses inadvertently overpay or underpay VAT.
The ever-widening scope of VAT, the constant stream of detailed changes to the regulations, and the ever-growing demands of HM Revenue & Customs call for a trained professional eye to ensure that you do not fall foul of the regulations, and do not pay the Exchequer more than you need to.
We provide an efficient cost effective VAT service, which includes:
- Assistance with VAT registration
- Advice on VAT planning and administration
- Use of the most appropriate VAT scheme
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns
- Planning to minimise future problems with HM Revenue & Customs
- VAT health check reports
- Negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs in disputes and representing you at VAT tribunals